Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fall Release

This week I finished the letter and allocation amounts and Stefania is working on getting all the shipping information together and the allocations to fit right on the order form. That means we are almost ready for the Fall Release!

This will be our third Fall Release and our 7th release overall. We'll be doing just two releases a year now, one in Spring and one in Fall. I'll have some more information about the wines and details on making them as well as tasting notes over the next few days.

For right now I just wanted to let everyone know the schedule and wines we will be releasing. There will be three wines in this release, that's a first for us also. We'll have our first white wine, the 2008 Chardonnay Chaine 'd Or Vineyard, 2007 Haut Tubee and 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon Uvas Creek Vineyard.




We are trying to get letters out on the 15th, that's next week. Shipping will start in mid-October when we usually have good weather around the country. All the letter will go out at once this time and I'm going to be pretty generous with allocations and extra requests. I know a lot of people are cutting back and if someone does want more wine, I'm going to get it to them.

The only thing we'll be really short on is Chardonnay. A great deal was already committed to accounts that Chaine d'Or has had for 15+ years, so most people will not get an allocation of the Chardonnay. Do ask for it though if you'd like some and I'll do my best.

I'll have more information in the next few days.

1 comment:

John Hughes said...

Chardonnay Chaine 'd Or Vineyard is a nice, light, fruity Chardonnay. It's buttery, but not overly so, and it's lightly oaked. When first opened there was an aroma of pears; as it warmed up the vanilla of the oak became more evident. On the palate it's very fruity, with hints of apple, pear and pineapple. The finish is mouthwatering, showing the acidity and a hint of oak. Good value at $18.I like to drink wine with my Cuban Cigars.